Friday, August 20, 2010

Guys, would you choose your best friend (female) or girlfriend in this situation?

Sorry so long, but I'm an emotional wreck over this. I need your opinions after reading this PLEASE!!





It's hard for me to believe that he just stopped caring about me or that he never did. We have spent every day together for the last four years (up until a couple of months ago when he moved). We used to always take out-of-town weekend trips with a group of friends, and he and I always shared a bed. We never hooked up or even kissed. Sometimes we'd cuddle, but mostly, we just talked until we fell asleep. He told me once that I was the only girl he could lay in bed like that with and not expect anything physical. He told me that I was the only girl he respected enough not to try to cross that line with. I don't know if that's true, but I imagine that it was. He seemed very sincere in the context of the conversation, and we were insanely close in general. In fact, last year (our last year of college), we actually rented a house together. We cooked dinner together in the evenings, we went out for lunch together every day, and we both slept in the living room so that we could stay up together. We talked to each other about everything, and we always promised to always take care of eachother and remain close--even once we both got married. (Secretly, I kind of always thought he and I would wind up together anyway. I wasn't quite ready to persue a relationship like that with him yet, so I never told him I had romantic feelings for him).





Anyway, during the time that we lived together, he started seeing someone, and the two of them became very serious very quickly. I feel like she swept him right out from under me. I know he was never my ';boyfriend,'; but he and I were so close. She lived an hour away (in his hometown), so all of a sudden, he was making trips out to see her two or three times a week, and she was making trips to the house once or twice a week. He and I were barely spending any time together right before he moved out. He said he moved back to his hometown because of a job he couldn't turn down, but secretly, I think he'd been looking for a job there because of his gf. (he'd never admit that to me because he always wanted to make me feel equally worthy of his time).





anyway, since he moved out two months ago, we've seen eachother twice, and both times, he had his gf with him. every time I try to call him, he sends a texts saying that he doesn't have signal at his new house and asking whats up. I know he doesn't get signal there, but if I were in his position, I'd make time to drive out to a place where i had signal and give me a phone call. it's the very least he could do since we suddenly never see eachother.





Our relationship used to be so intimate. For valentines day, which was just months ago, he bought me flowers and wrote the sweetest card to me about how much he loved me, what a great team we were, and how he hoped that things would never change between us. he had this gf at the time too. i just have a hard time believing that he put this much effort--4 years of effort--into a lie, and I also have a hard time believing that he suddenly doesn't care for me. Do you think that maybe he's just afraid to stand up to his gf about hanging out with me? It hurts me so bad to think that he has abandoned me after all we've been through.





what do you think his deal is?Guys, would you choose your best friend (female) or girlfriend in this situation?
Wow, what a horrible situation you've got!





Firstly, I think that you can't just blame this sudden distance on his girlfriend. I have a male best friend and we were pretty much the same as you and your best friend here. He once told me we were going to get married because I was the only one who understood him well enough to make such a commitment to him. then he went off to University, and he's now settled down with a girlfriend he thinks the world of.





He stopped calling every day, he stopped emailing me, he stopped sending me gifts, he stopped most contact apart from the occasional facebook message!!


I was devastated.





But he's so happy. I can;t be angry with him for that. And you shouldn't be.





I suggest you find yourself a special someone that loves you more than he ever did. Someone who won't up and leave you.





You deserve happiness and your friend probably doesn't know that he's hurt you as much as he is.





And remember, he'll need you before you'll need him. If his girlfriend goes off with someone else, you'll be his first port of call.





That's what BEST FRIENDS are there for :D





Peace out xGuys, would you choose your best friend (female) or girlfriend in this situation?
He is right what he is doing, sorry to say. I'll keep this short (or try to). You two obviously have intimate feelings for each other: Sleeping together, renting a house together, valentines day etc. However nothing (for some reason) happened between the two, he probably lost hope in you two being together so got a girlfriend. Her girlfriend is probably jealous of the close relationships you have, honestly I'm not surprised because you two seem like you could have a very good relationship (yet neither of you made a move). Since her girlfriend is jealous, your best friend had to lessen the amount of contact you two had. I think you are really upset because basically his girlfriend has replaced you in your best friend's eyes, I don't blame you for being upset.





All you can see is tell him that you miss him and talk to him about how you feel because it will make you feel better. DON'T TRY TO BREAK THEM UP! Just accept the fact that those two are together and if he comes back to you don't be mad. Spend your time doing other things.





Good luck! No idea if I helped, but I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment