Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I get a boyfriend who shares the same beliefs as me?

I'm 15 years old almost. I really want to meet a guy who has the same Christian morals as me including no sex before marriage. I go to a youth group but don't know any guys there. I also will only date a guy if I like him not just to have a boyfriend because then I'd be using him. I just want to have a boyfriend who is really sweet and funny and someone to cuddle with. I don't like anyone in particular right now but how do I get to know a guy if I meet one I like? Do any of you ever feel as though you want to date someone? To any guys out there what is your opinion about purity rings? I have one. Just curious as to what you think I'm not trying to meet anyone on yahoo.How do I get a boyfriend who shares the same beliefs as me?
If you want to meet a strong Christian guy, just wait.





I felt the same way as you. I was at a church and none of the guys in my youth group were anything like the type of guy that I wanted to date. There was a guy that went back and forth between his mom's church (my church) and his dad's church and was not super involved. It turns out that him and I became friends and then started dating. It is the best relationship that I have ever had and we both have the same values.





I thought it was never going to happen and I didn't just wait. I tried to get relationships when I wanted them regardless of the guy and his morals and I ended up being treated like trash. Just wait until you meet the right guy, it will happen...How do I get a boyfriend who shares the same beliefs as me?
There are a lot of fish in this sea. You just have to search threw some of them. Throw out the stinky ones and reel in the keepers! Just hang in there hun. Your man will come :) I promisee!
Start at church.


Or religous events.


And it's great that you are saving yourself.


Be strong.


It's easy to break under pressure.
date a guy who goes to your church
You said you go to youth group, but you don't know any guys there, are there any guys that you go to church with? Does your youth group ever have events that are combined with another youth group or church? Both of those seem like good ways to meet people who share your beliefs.





How do you get to know a guy if you meet one you like? Exactly the same as you'd get to know anyone else that you'd just met! Talk to them, about hobbies, films, school, interests, plans for the future, your beliefs, and ask them questions about themself!





You could meet guys at school, although you would have to decide how important your desire to meet someone who shares your beliefs is. If that is one of the most important criteria for you in a potential partner, then you shouldn't compromise your beliefs. A guy who isn't a Christian could be a great guy, have exactly the kind of personality that you are looking for, and be perfectly understanding of your beliefs and be willing to wait until marriage. Or they could tell you that your beliefs are ridiculous and try to push you into doing things that you don't want to do. I've been in both kinds of relationship.





If you can't find anyone yet, don't worry about it. You're 14, almost 15 years old - you have a whole life ahead of you! God will bring the guy he means for you into your life when both you and the guy are ready for it, so don't try to rush into things.





I'm not a guy, but I just asked my fiance and he said that he doesn't really have an 'opinion' about purity rings as such, just that he thinks it's great to know that a girl is planning to save herself for her husband, and that he would definitely respect her wishes. If he didn't know what one was and what it symbolised though, he'd probably be a bit curious about it.





Hope this helps.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment