Monday, August 16, 2010

Why does my boyfriend act like this?

I have a boyfriend who I live with. My boyfriend is making me crazy, he picks at everything I do, if I sit and text my friends, he will go all quiet and get in a mood, when I ask what the problem is he will reply along the lines of '; you prefer texting over spending time with me'; or '; Which of your boyfriends are you texting now'; thing is he is serious when he says it. If I go out in a skirt on a night out, he thinks im wearing it to flirt and attract other men even if it isn't that short. If I go on the internet he thinks i'm after other men, when we are at home which is about 14 hours a day together he expects us to spend all the time with each other doing what he wants to do, if I say I want to do something alone he makes me feel bad by saying I don't want to be with him.


I am writing this at 4am, because an hour ago my boyfriend stormed out of bed (that fast it woke me up) I went to the lounge where he was lay down. I asked what the problem was, he replied ';you always flinch when I touch you'; I reminded him how many times I hug and kiss him and come on to him etc, and the fact I had tummy ache which he knew. I asked when I had flinched, he said he put his hand on my tummy when I was asleep and I rolled away - I told him my tummy was hurting which he knew and if I was asleep it wasn't anything personal. He then said I had flirted with a guy when me and him were out shopping today, I said I hadn't and to tell me when, he said at one point I had turned around and smiled, I said what did the guy look like, he said '; I don't know I didn't look'; so i asked how he would know I was smiling at a guy to which he replied '; I just knew you were'; I've asked why he is being so pathetic, he said well I have work things on my mind.


The thing is he does this all the time, on the last 2 nights out we have had they happened to be his work do's, the second one of his mates talks to me he gets in a mood, the second I smile or talk to one of them he gets in a mood. He invited a mate to stay over, then when his mate got here he completely left his mate alone in the lounge without so much as offering a drink - this mate is a new mate of his, so i took the liberty in offering a drink and being hospitable, in return, I got shouted at then told to pack my bags as it was ';obvious'; i didnt want to spend time with him.


The thing is though, he is a big flirt - it doesn't bother me I am secure enough, but he doesn't seem to think it matters that he acts the way he does, yet I am not so much as aloud to smile and say thank you at a check out without being insulted and given grief over it.


Why is he like this? Am I doing something wrong? I don't flirt, dont wear revealing clothes, I spend all the time he wants with me, I approach him for cuddles/sex, I even stopped my job because he didn't want me to do it! Give me some advice, because In one way I feel he is wrong, but after telling him he is wrong and that it's in his head I start to worry that it is me doing something wrong.Why does my boyfriend act like this?
you are probably too attractive for him and the poor


insecure boy just wants to make sure you're his,


sad honey but if i were you i'd cling on and play his game for a week


and see what happens, lets see if he gets sick of it.Why does my boyfriend act like this?
he's insecure
He has serious jealousy issues, he's controlling %26amp; very possessive by the sounds of it. This really is not your fault, relationships should NOT be like this! He thinks he owns you, and you've got to stand up to him before he bans you from going out altogether, because believe me, that's where it will end up if you don't stand up to this bully.
Hey girl, I'm glad your reaching out, now let me start off by saying that your relationship will only get worse, if he's this insecure now, he has some major issues he needs to deal with, and if he's like most men, he will never deal with them, and it will only make you bitter, and fill you with regret. Now he could of gotten this way because of abandonment issues or he's been unfaithful in the past, and the instead of dealing with those issues it's easier to lash out on you, Now you need to know you did nothing wrong, but you also need to know that you won't change him, my advice to you is to leave him for a long while, and not just a few days, because guys who do this will tell you almost anything to get you to come back, they will promise to go to church or go see a counselor and you will come back, and then you will feel stuck, in a dead in relationship. Right now your not really in a relationship, because if it's the way you described it's very one sided, and you need to get out before there's kids involved or he starts to lash out in anger, which is the next step, because when you stop listening to him complain he has to intensify his anger to get the same desired effect, so you have some really hard choices, but you need to do something..





Good Luck
  • loan officer
  • windows vista
  • 1 comment:

    Marshmallow said...

    Don't give up on the guy... you don't start a relationship wirh the intentions to break it do you? Try helping him: If it is his job ask if he wants to talk about it: his mates tell him to not hang so often: if he is just in a mood, go up to him and give him a huge hug and let him know that he is the only man in your life and you dont want another.. and if it doesnt work.. ask him to go see someone profesional and if he then doesnt want to... then maybe take a few steps further.. go to your friends house for a few nights to get him to miss you.. if he still lashes out... maybe you should leave him for a while then��

    Post a Comment