Monday, August 16, 2010

PARENTS: i need your help! what are your opinions on cuddling for teens?

my mom knows my boyfriend, we've been together a little over 8 months now.


she won't let us go out alone, but we can sit in the living room with each other once again, so long as we aren't alone.





however, she won't let us do anything except sit beside each other and hold hands, so long as our hands don't rest on each other, and he can put his arm around me but i can't lean into it.





i think cuddling (when it's innocent, you know just leaning on each other and watching a movie while you're on the couch) can bring couples emotionally closer together, plus it's just nice. but she says it's just gonna get him off, and it's never going to be appropriate no matter how old i am.


i want to know other parents opinions. am i being unreasonable here? would you let your daughter cuddle with her boyfriend?PARENTS: i need your help! what are your opinions on cuddling for teens?
i cudle with my boyfriend when my moms in the room


but she also lets us go out together all the time


how old are youPARENTS: i need your help! what are your opinions on cuddling for teens?
I think you're mom is being a little oversensitive, cuddling is always nice as long as you're not sitting on his lap and both of you have your hands out of the inappropriate areas, i dont see the problem, everyone, including guys, like to cuddle and feel close to someone they care for, even teenagers. you leaning your head on his shoulder or chest isnt going to ';get him off';, but unfortunetally there isnt really much you can do to persuade your mom except for tell her how you feel in an adult manner, dont whine, or yell, tell her calmly, act responsible and she might give you more responsibility
Hm... If I was a parent... I don't think I'd want to see my daughter cuddling with some boy right in front of me. I would let you guys be alone if I trusted you. Then cuddle all you want... But just not in front of me.





I think you just need to show your mom that you aren't going to go out of line.
I'm almost positive I agree with your Mom, but I may not know your definition of ';cuddling';. I may not understand the part about ';lean into it';. I think, if adult is present, you should be permitted to put your head on his shoulder/chest when he places his arm around you.





As for ';going out alone';, if it is to be somewhere in public with no time alone in a car, I would allow it if you were 16 or older.





Try to be patient. You have many years to cuddle, date, grow into love, etc. Just now your priorities should be education and hobbies (those other than boys).





Enjoy your youth. Adulthood and inescapable responsibilities come far too soon.
As a mum myself i would feel a bit uncomfortable if my daughter wanted to cuddle up to her boyfriend in front of me.


I feel uncomfortable in front of my parents now ha ha.


You should respect your mums wishes.


Im sure you and your boyfriend have plenty of other places you can cuddle up to.
If your mom trusts you enough.


she can trust you when you're alone


with a boy.