Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I meet my boyfriend's mother?

OK. He's not even my boyfriend. We've been on a few dates and cuddled on the couch once. We haven't had any kind of discussion about being a couple. Today he invited me to go with him to see his sister perform in a dance recital tomorrow, and I said I'd love to go. Then he e-mailed me and told me that his mother will be there, and if that makes me at all uncomfortable he'd understand if I decided not to go. He said he'd meet up with me afterward for a movie instead.





I don't know anything about his mother other than she's a smart and accomplished lady. I'm fairly smart, not as accomplished as my ';boyfriend'; yet, but not too bad for my age.





Is he being considerate or is HE uncomfortable about me meeting his mother? Should I just ask him if he's uncomfortable?





Would you feel uncomfortable about meeting your maybe-lover's mother?





Maybe he just doesn't know how to introduce me, and he's worried that the awkward introduction will put pressure on me to be a couple?





Thanks!Should I meet my boyfriend's mother?
Hes asking you because he s taking your feelings into consideration.


Yes, I would uncomfortable, but who really isn't when meeting someones mother (someone you like or love)





I think it really depends on the person and how akward they make it when they introduce their lover or potential lover. He might introduce you as a friend considering that you guys aren't official, but take that as an advantage because you will get to know his family and his relationship with his family without the pressure of being his girlfriend. It may or may not pressure the relationship depending on the family's behavior towards you, but its your life not theirs.Should I meet my boyfriend's mother?
check on this part what you said: ';Then he e-mailed me and told me that his mother will be there, and if that makes me at all uncomfortable he'd understand if I decided not to go. He said he'd meet up with me afterward for a movie instead.'; = this means that he is asking you if you will feel uncomfortable meeting with his mother at the recital (am i wrong?) and if you will feel uncomfortable then, he will understand you and would just meet you up for a movie instead. i think it's your choice to meet or not. so if i were you, i better prefer to meet his MOM and see his reactions too. you even said he is not your boyfriend and haven't discussed to be couple and he asked you if you could be with him at the recital with his MOM too. that would mean that he has something for you or he feels something for you more than just a friend. or it could be to introduce you to his MOM as a friend also. still we don't know. but have a try.


%26lt;%26gt;my guy asked me to talk to his MOM when we were talking on the phone. i felt so nervous and was sweating as i don't know what to say to his MOM and most esp i didn't expect he would introduce me to his MOM even on just a phone. but his Mom asked me to visit their place soon and wishing me best of health in which i felt really proud of myself for that and am proud of my guy that he isn't ashamed to introduce me.


%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;so have a try maybe you'll be lucky if his Mom will accept you.
ask if itsok with him. and yeah if ur not uncomfortable then go, if not tehn just watch the movie instead. and i can undestand why u would be nervous to meet her. so anyway good luck. hope all goes well :)
Go and meet her. Whats the problem? Don鈥檛 be so shy. She will not be Hitler yaar. Be at ur ease. All the best!!!
ask him--he will let you know if he's comfortable with you meeting his mom





maybe she embarasses him? you never know, so ask
well, it is a very,very good idea for you to meet his mother AND to see the relationship he has with his mother. that relation ship will reflec alot of how he'll act to a wife in the future. it's just a very good indicator
Yes, definitely meet his parents because it will give u an idea of where he's been brought up from and how and it shows you how his parents work if u no wat i mean! Listen, from my experience, my mum STILL thinks that my dad's mum is still a bit weird! lol it will happen with everyone. As long as you r keen on this guy, meet his parents! Good luck.
  • graphics for myspace
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment