Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can cats tell when your sad? why are they so symapthetic?

my boyfriend and i have been together 3 years and it looks like we are gonna be breaking up..... im pretty broken up about it and my cat who isnt typically overly affectionate, has been stuck to my hip lately. she seems like she somehow understands %26amp; she just lays with me all the time and lets me cuddle her and lets me pet her and she rubs her face on me a lot.... why do cats do this? and how to they know to comfort you when you need it most???How can cats tell when your sad? why are they so symapthetic?
It's just one of the wonderful things about cats. They seem almost to be psychic much of the time. I have a neighbor who cat sits for me when I'm out of town and she's told me that mine line up in the front windows and watch the road starting an hour or two before I get home.... they know I'm coming somehow..... when I'm having a bad day the alpha cat dedicates himself to trying to cheer me up with hugs and purrs and basically gluing himself to me..... how do they know? I have no clue, I'm just glad they do.





Sorry about your relationship though.... rough going... but if that's going to happen, it's probably better now than in another 3 years. I hope you find a happy life going forward, with or without him.How can cats tell when your sad? why are they so symapthetic?
I don't know how they know, but they do. I have been going through a lot of problems with my family, and my cat is always cuddling me now, because I'm sad about it. And they rub their face on you to let other cats know that your theirs, they have scent glands on their face. My cat always does it. Dogs also can tell when your upset, I don't think alot of people know why. Maybe look it up on google...





Good Luck!


Hope I helped!
sometimes they can feel your anger. so cats do know.
I'm not an expert on cats or anything, but here's what I'd say to your question.





I think a lot of people believe cats are very affectionate animals, and don't really love their owners the way dogs do. This is true to some degree, but in my experience with cats, I think that they really do get attached to their owners, and they care when they're going through tough times. Owners feed them, care for them, and give them a home. Why wouldn't they be appreciative? Cats are no more insensitive than dogs.





As to the ';how'; in the question, I'm not entirely sure, but I do know that cats can sense a lot of things, even besides emotions. Cats are known for senses natural disasters, such as the volcano eruption in Pompeii. There are stories today about how before the eruption, animals had been able to sense something was wrong, and people during that time were able to trust the judgment of cats and dogs because they were able to sense things.





Cats are obviously really observant creatures, and, as they can sense natural disasters, it must be easy for them to sense a person's emotion. They're really smart, honestly.





I'm sorry about your boyfriend, by the way. Hope this helps.
To be honest I don't know how cat's know this, but one thing I do believe is as a Christian that God has created some animals to be there for us like that. God maybe using your cat to comfort you, but it's only truly God's love and his word that can mend your heart. I don't know if you're a Christian, but I do know that Jesus can do the impossible in a person's life. We are all created by God, even the animals and plants and everything.





If you aren't a Christian please call out to Jesus Christ to save you because we are all sinners in need of a savior Romans 3:23 says this ';For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God'; ';For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord';


-Romans 6:23





';That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. -Romans 10:9





and He is the God of all comfort as it is talked about in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4





Reach out to Jesus if you never have in prayer to save you from your sin and so he can disciple you to be just like him because he's the only way to heaven where God the Father is. The only way to God the Father of Heaven is through his Son Jesus Christ and trusting in what Romans 10:9 says. Pray that you believe Jesus Christ died for your sins ask him to forgive you for your sins and accept him into your life, to make him Lord over your entire life. John 14:6 says ';Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.' ';





try watching a witnessing clip or share this with people about the gospel of Jesus Christ, if you want to know how to receive Jesus as your savior http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVco8t-R8鈥?/a>
Cats are very observant and they can see the difference in your facial expressions between happy %26amp; sad states. An analogous example. Very rarely I sleep in. When I do my cat Zee will gently but persistently press down on my body to wake me up about an hour after the time I usually get up. He knows when I'm supposed to wake up %26amp; is concerned if I oversleep. How does he know this? Well he lives with me every day and has observed my routines. In a way its very similar in how they detect our moods. Our voice registers on an emotional level. When we cry, when we laugh again registers on an emotional level. And clearly cats have emotions. Try ticking off a cat %26amp; not giving him space when his tail is thrashing and you'll see them peeved. So they do know us far better than we give them credit. And yes of course they respond to our love and love us back. It's anthropomorphic not to mention grossly ignorant to believe that humans are the only animals who feel and express love.





I'm sorry about the break up but I'm glad you have a furry companion to be there by your side. Our other cat Duffy was glued to my husband when he lost his leg and jumped on his wheel chair whenever he was in it, following him room to room. He knew John was in pain %26amp; could see what he was going through and he was there as a tremendous comfort to him.





Finally, there's Oscar the cat who knows when people are dying. Now that is absolutely mind blowing. Please read the article below if you don't know his story:





http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticlesArc鈥?/a>





Moral of the story: cats are healers as well as loving companions. I hope you feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment