Monday, August 16, 2010

How can I come out to my parents, my family, and my friends?

Okay, I'm 18 years old, and I know I've been gay for about 3 years. I feel like I really need to tell my parents, It's been long enough. Plus, they keep wanting to set me up with this girl, my mom's friends daughter, and I have to keep making up lame excuses for them not to. Also, I'm in college, how can I tell my roommates (who also happen to be my best friends) that I'm gay? My parents are very gay-friendly, I know they'd accept it in a hearbeat, but it's just so hard to tell them for some reason. I feel embarrassed. Although my dad is gay friendly, he's also like a big teenager and always makes gay jokes (Examples: ';That shirt makes you look so gay.'; or when I hang out with my close friend, ';Hey, where's your boyfriend at?';) It makes me feel uncomfortable, and he would not be making those jokes if he knew how uncomfortable I felt. Like I said earlier, though, I feel so embarrassed. My extended family is not gay accepting at all, though. I was having a conversation with two of my cousins and one of them said ';Wouldn't it be awful if someone in our family was gay?'; and OF COURSE I just had to agree. My friends are also gay accepting, but I'm the most embarrassed around them. Mainly because I have a huge crush on one of my guy roommates and he's always playing around with me that I'm his ';boyfriend';, and he's always wrestling around with me and cuddling with me and stuff, and I know that when I tell him it'll just be so awkward. He says he straight. So, how could I come out to my parents, my family, and my friends, since every situation is so different?How can I come out to my parents, my family, and my friends?
I was in a similar situation a few months ago, however I had known I was gay since like elementary school. But anyways it was really hard for me to say out loud that I was gay, I dont know why it was just really awkward. I was scared to tell my family for fear they would be dispointed that I wouldnt hav grandkids and such, and I was scared to tell my friends because I felt that every situation would be awkward. I know how it is. I finally forced myself one day and just told my mom and dad, guess what? Im Gay. my mom kind of acted like she didnt hear me and my stepdad said ';your gay?'; and I said yep, after that 1 awkward moment all the rest do not seem to matter, and the more people that you tell your gay, the easier it become. a few months ago I felt stuck in the closet, scared of being in awkward situations with my friends, but once you say it (i know its so cliche) but it really does get easier to say it. just hang in there and it will get easier. Much Luck homie...How can I come out to my parents, my family, and my friends?
Dude...Its entirely possible that your family already suspects...So just tell them.





As for your friends...The same...Just man up and tell them.





Hell...Just run into the room with your parents in it and say ';Im gay'; then run out if all else fails.
';I'm gay.';
Just sit them down and say 'Mom, Dad, I have to be honest with you Im gay' and then it will all be good.
It'll be very devastating for them.





Just tell them, they can take it or not.





See what happens!


;)

No comments:

Post a Comment